Lake City Medical Center offers volunteers an opportunity to contribute their time and talents to improve the quality of service to our patients, family members, physicians and staff. Although our volunteers do not perform medical or nursing duties, they do bring an extra touch of kindness to our patients and visitors.
Each volunteer is evaluated on his or her special skills during the interview process. Whatever your background, whether you are a retired executive, a retired homemaker, retired military, or a college student interested in a medical career, your talents will be utilized to the fullest.
Volunteer areas include:
- Main Information Desk
- H2U Office
- Surgical Services Waiting Room
- Clerical Support / HIM Areas
- Gift Shop
- Emergency Room Waiting Area
- Patient Cart
- 3rd Floor Information Desk
- Infection Control
- Cath Lab
- Case Management
- Human Resources
Don't see an area that interests you? Let us know and we'll check to see if volunteers are needed.
To be eligible for our program you must be able to:
- Commit to a regular weekly schedule. Volunteer Services is not able to change your schedule if you have a fluctuating school and/or work scedule. You must have a consistent schedule, same day and same time.
- Commit to six months of service.
To become a part of the Lake City Medical Center Volunteer Program, please complete all PDF forms below and return them to the volunteer office located at 3140 NW Medical Center Lane, Suite 150 or return them to Information Desk at the main hospital. You may also fax them to (386) 758-3499. Once the application has been received, it will be reviewed and you will be contacted for an interview.